Rifco Charity Involvement
Rifco takes great pride in investing in long-term relationships and that commitment carries over into our community. Each year the staff at Rifco choose a worthy charity to support. The staff nominate various charities and a team vote is put in place to select the charity for the year. We have a dedicated Charity Committee that is made up of our own team members. This team spearheads the activities geared to raise as much money as possible for our selected charity through various office fundraisers, team events and our annual Charity Golf Tournament.
This year we are supporting The Central Alberta Humane Society. If you see pictures of different fundraisers happening throughout the Rifco office on social media you know this money is going to a good cause.
Past Charities we have supported – The Red Deer Food Bank, Haitian Children's Aid Society
Central Alberta Humane Society
Formerly known as the Red Deer & District SPCA, at CA Humane “We are committed to helping animals and the community, and inspiring change through education.” This is our mission and together with a dedicated staff, a volunteer force of over 500, and a generous community of advocates and donors we are making a big difference in the lives of so many desperate, lost or forgotten animals each year.
Through humane education programs we reach an estimated 800+ children each year in schools, groups and clubs. Together we are fostering a vibrant region of animal welfare advocates who genuinely care for our closest animal companions. Supporting animals and people alike has allowed us to diversify our programming to support the most vulnerable in our region.
With fifty trained and certified volunteer K9 teams, we now offer animal assisted therapy in over 70 facilities including; long term care, hospital and hospice, and offer reading programs to kids too! At CA Humane animals will stay in care for as long as it takes to find their best home! We make this promise and commitment to all the animals that need our help. In 2015 we adopted out over 600 animals, and 2016/17 will further push that number. We could not do this work without your help. Every dollar raised gives animals safe shelter, excellent medical care and a second chance.
Fast Forward 500 Charities
As part of our Fast Forward 500 Loyalty program, we love that our Dealer Partner's are passionate about community and support organizations that are near and dear to their heart. As a commitment to our partnership with our Dealer Partner's we look forward to helping them support their causes with a charitable donation on their behalf. Here are some organizations we are proud to support:
- Santa's Angels – Brown's Volkswagen
- Zambia Child Sponsorship – Auto Select
- Empty Arms – Sherwood Chevrolet
- For the Love of Paws – on behalf of Lally Kia
- United Way – on behalf of Wheaton Kia
- Thunder Selects Basketball Team – on behalf of Race Auto Group
- Children's Wish Foundation – on behalf of Wheels and Deals
- Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society – on behalf of Carmax
- United Way – on behalf of Marshall Motors
- Brandon Community Builders – on behalf of Marshall Motors
- Central Kings Boys Hockey – on behalf of Kentville Mazda
- Salvation Army – on behalf of Galaxy Motors
- Lost Little Cats – on behalf of McEwan Motors
- Calgary Diabetes Foundation – on behalf of Renfrew Chrysler
Field Hockey Nova Scotia – on behalf of Race Auto Group