Rifco Charity Involvement
Rifco takes great pride in investing in long-term relationships and that commitment carries over into our community. Each year the staff at Rifco choose a worthy charity to support. The staff nominate various charities and a team vote is put in place to select the charity for the year. We have a dedicated Charity Committee that is made up of our own team members. This team spearheads the activities geared to raise as much money as possible for our selected charity through various office fundraisers, team events and our annual Charity Golf Tournament.
This year we are supporting The Ronald McDonald House Central Alberta. If you see pictures of different fundraisers happening throughout the Rifco office on social media you know this money is going to a good cause.
Past Charities we have supported – Central Alberta Humane Society, The Red Deer Food Bank, Haitian Children’s Aid Society
Ronald McDonald House of Central Alberta
Since the first Houses were built in Alberta in 1985, we have supported tens of thousands of families. Every year, thousands will stay at one of Alberta’s Ronald McDonald Houses. These stays can last up to a few nights, or as long as several weeks or months at a time.
Each Ronald McDonald House has private family suites for families to rest. The Houses have open kitchens where families can sit down and share experiences over a homemade meal. The sense of community enables families to rely on each other and shore up strength when they need it the most.
Almost 70% of Canadian families live outside of a centre with a children’s hospital – meaning that they will need to travel in order to access medical care. A Ronald McDonald House will save a family hundreds to thousands of dollars on accommodation, transportation, meals, laundry, parking, and so much more. Having a Ronald McDonald House close to the hospital – as in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, and soon-to-be Medicine Hat – is an important part of family-centred care.
RMHC Alberta serves families largely from across the province, from over 190 Albertan communities. From Wood Buffalo to Lethbridge, and Grand Prairie to Lloydminster, families come from all corners and corridors of Alberta to stay at a Ronald McDonald House.
Fast Forward 500 Charities
As part of our Fast Forward 500 Loyalty program, we love that our Dealer Partner’s are passionate about community and support organizations that are near and dear to their heart.
As a commitment to our partnership with our Dealer Partner’s we look forward to helping them support their causes with a charitable donation on their behalf. Here are some organizations we are proud to support:
- Santa’s Angels – Brown’s Volkswagen
- Zambia Child Sponsorship – Auto Select
- Empty Arms – Sherwood Chevrolet
- For the Love of Paws – on behalf of Lally Kia
- United Way – on behalf of Wheaton Kia
- Thunder Selects Basketball Team – on behalf of Race Auto Group
- Children’s Wish Foundation – on behalf of Wheels and Deals
- Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society – on behalf of Carmax
- Ride to Conquer Cancer – Hare Motors
- Isla Animals – on behalf of Bargain Auto
- United Way – on behalf of Marshall Motors
- Brandon Community Builders – on behalf of Marshall Motors
- Central Kings Boys Hockey – on behalf of Kentville Mazda
- Salvation Army – on behalf of Galaxy Motors
- Lost Little Cats – on behalf of McEwan Motors
- Calgary Diabetes Foundation – on behalf of Renfrew Chrysler
- Field Hockey Nova Scotia – on behalf of Race Auto Group